In order to carry out our above mentioned services, we need to have
- up-to-date architectural floor plans,
- outline of door types,
- fire-compartment analysis
- interior designer brief of designs and finishes
- requirements of Hotel Operator (e.g. Hotel Chain’s requirements) if applicable.
We carry out preliminary meetings with the Architect, Interior Designer and Project Manager in order to gather all necessary information so that our services meet the hotel’s requirements and owner’s vision.
Our ironmongery specialists will
- put together and keep updated the full door schedule of the building. The door schedule will
a. give a unique number for each door (internal or external)
b. have all details for each door (eg. Location, description of function of door, handing, material, fire-rating, swing, method of activating door, ref. to HWE sets etc).
c. become the common reference document for all design professionals, engineers and installers; this ensures essential co-ordination and smooth development of supply, installation and spot-checking of each door.
- prepare a set of hardware suitable of the operation and design of each door (the HWE set analysis)
- present the customer a list of all hardware to be used in the building, together with a proposed set of spares
- specify each product in the list of hardware (analytically indicating various EN standards which the hardware must meet, as appropriate)
- give an indicative budget cost for the supply of ironmongery
- create a master-key plan for master-key locks and cylinders
- put together the electronic lock requirements of the building
- supply for use by the electrical engineering consultants of the hotel the requirements for electrical or online wiring for the solution to be applied
- prepare documents with which the hotel can go out to tender for the supply of ironmongery
- assist the QS of the hotel to evaluate tenders from various suppliers.
- The above services are free for clients who purchase their requirements from us.
- In the event that a client wishes to simply purchase our above services, then there will be a charge depending on the size and complexity of the project.
Execution of supply
Should a client decide to purchase their requirements from us, then we will
- supply the installers with necessary manuals in Greek (or other languages), so that they can install the correct products on the correct doors
- clearly mark all items to be supplied so that the installers can cross reference their requirements with the above manuals
- supply the project manager with a manual for spot-checking – thus ensuring correct installation
- upon your request, set up and manage the clients ironmongery store (this incurs an additional cost to be advised upon request)
Our above services ensure the requirements of economy, security, fire safety and functionality for our client’s building will be met. From our experience we know that the above services are a valuable and professional way of dealing with this complex aspect of the execution of a large building.
Door Scheduling, HWE analysis and specification of door hardware are at the core of our company’s business. We have offered the above services to small and large projects in Cyprus and abroad – eg. Four Seasons Hotel (Limassol), Parklane Hotel (Limassol), Elysium Hotel (Paphos), University of Cyprus and University of Nicosia, Nicosia and Famagusta General Hospitals, St George Hospital (Beirut), Oberoi Hotel (Saudi Arabia) and many others. Our qualified team are fully conversant with current British and European Standards and our work is in accordance with UK’s Guild of Architectural Ironmongers’ best practice.
See our ironmongery scheduling example